Friday, November 14, 2008

And now for something a little positive

NYC the Blog has photos of the next MTA (New York) ads, via Gothamist. I really dig the first photo of the plotted points. I am salivating over the white, green, and black on the side of the car and am heavily leaning toward, "THIS IS ART IN ADVERTISING."

I know, I know, it's just a map, but isn't it beautiful?

...Especially compared to the blue MAPS.GOOGLE.COM train and the yellow AOL Instant Messenger people-like train (WTF). My opposition to the blue car is in spite of my love for clean design and the Helvetica typeface.

(Still, anything is better than faced with a giant wraparound add of Ray Lewis drinking Vitamin Water. If anything makes my blood boil, it's remembering those bus ads in Baltimore.)

Of topics I think this one is probably the best for riders. It boldly reminds them that they can plot the route from a computer, which saves time and stress. Looking at you, WMATA, to get on the bandwagon.

No comments: