Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Good morning, Internet!

I want you to know that I've got this gig with the [DC] Examiner.com blogging about transit. Naturally, I'm a shoe-in. The direct link to the blog on Examiner.com: http://www.examiner.com/x-1095-DC-Transportation-Examiner.

Because I've been encouraged to investigate Fark, Digg, and its ilk, I think it's okay to tell you to hit refresh a few times; this deal is freelance and paid on page hits. It's tacky to yell you that, but a girl's got loans and bills to pay, and this girl wants to move out in a year, so let's have at it, Internet! (And you too, people on Reddit and Stumbleupon!) I'm actually not a member of any of that (surprise!) and I guess this is the last nudge I'll need to join the masses. Le sigh.

The first article might look familiar to you. I expect to have unique material to this site and the Examiner blog, with occasional reminders from the Winsome Icarus catalogue to bring you to The Examiner.com. But it's annoying to have all my posts on Parapluies Doux and all of my tweets to be merely promotional, so I'll keep the "LOOK OVER HERE!" announcements to the end-of-the-week SHAMELESS READERS that are posted on PD and Winsome Icarus [Blog]. That seems fair, yes?

You're more than welcome to stir the pot, post comments, feed it to your readers, and e-mail it to your grandma.

The RSS is here: http://www.examiner.com/blog/rss.cfm?blogID=1095&blogURL=DC-Transportation-Examiner&mode=brief

Thanks, Internet!

Back to your regularly scheduled Tuesday!

No comments: