Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Sometimes I Just Wanna Hug You

I've been having rough mornings, mostly because I'm lazy and can't get out of bed before 9 a.m. As a result, I'm always running late, and, always hoping for a really fast driver.

The 8 line ends at Lutherville, where the Light Rail whisks me into Mount Vernon. There's a stop near the strip mall, and then a stop at the end of the line, less than one block's distance to the platform. Yet that distance between platform and entrance is enough to miss a train, and I inevitably miss my train in those few short steps.

This morning's bus driver was a dream come true. He was patient and relaxed, which I think would be hard driving a bus up and down York Road, a road with constant construction. He was friendly, and I liked that he had this understanding that everyone was struggling to survive the week.

But what I really liked is that because I pulled the line for "LUTHERVILLE PARK + RIDE" he knew I was sending a secret symbol: stop at the entrance for the Light Rail because That's Where We're All Going. So he did.

...I missed my train anyway, but I can't help but want to throw my arms around him in the warmest hug for trying.

No comments: