Monday, March 24, 2008

Maybe It's Mondays?

I have an unproven, scienceless hunch: MTA sympathesizes with the Monday blahs, concentrating its efforts to be mildly pleasant on Monday mornings as a way to say, "We feel you! Monday is out to get you! We understand."
On the face, it's great. MTA is right, Monday's totally suck, dude and I appreciate the sympathy. However, having been duped into this friendliness, I'd like to ask that MTA step it up--bring me the happiness every morning. I already love your drivers with my cold, tiny, shriveled heart, but if you were as sympathetic to my agony at 5 p.m. on a Thursday, my heart might grow into an acceptable size, and I'd be more apt to dole out the sympathy to you.
I guess I should accept the good fortune I can get and move on. I was turning the corner on the way to my stop when I saw the 8 barreling down the three-lane almost-highway, and decided to make a run for it. Realizing I wouldn' make it, I thrust my arm into the air in a desperate cry, a motion that said, "I've already started to run, please stop, or I will live forever shamed."
The bus signaled and stopped at the very spot where I was. The driver nodded to say, "It would really blow if I left you here. I feel your pain."
I sincerely hope she has an excellent day, but I can't help but harbor regret that my joy will turn sour later this afternoon when the good will has evaporated from MTA's insensitive hearts, leaving me desperate and alone.

2 comments:

kate said...

man i like when good things happen on mondays.

Katherine said...

me too! i think i'm going to pay more attention to events and look for statistical meaning.