Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Amtrak to take security measures

(I have to make this quick so I don't miss my bus.)

Amtrak will be screening carry-on luggage starting this week. Bomb sniffing dogs and random screenings will be included in the new security measure. I know Amtrak isn't as available as a local bus, but I still think it's worth mentioning, even if it's far from the affordable daily transportation.

Given that I talk about the Marc, which is kind of-more-affordable than the Amtrak ($7 from Baltimore to DC!) I tend to lump them together.

As for the measure, I'm not surprised. However, what I love about trains is how there's less fuss in taking one. I'd really hate to schedule time for screening like I do for the airport. I'm not opposed to safety, I'm just not great at making the train before it leaves the station. I always tend to catch mine just in the nic of time....

No comments: